[INDOLOGY] Ashokan Pillars' transport

Artur Karp karp at uw.edu.pl
Sat May 20 20:00:37 UTC 2017

Dear Harry,

I am ashamed; I have the book, you presented it to me personally three
years ago, while in Warsaw. I should have checked it for the info re:
Chunar.
You mention there 'old road rollers'. My technological imagination is very
scant --- were these stone 'drums' used to transport bigger, heavier pieces
out of the quarry?

In what way?

Respects,

Artur Karp