[INDOLOGY] Ashokan Pillars' transport

Artur Karp karp at uw.edu.pl
Fri May 19 17:58:57 UTC 2017

Thank you, Julia.

But - a pity. The link does not lead to the paper, one gets a view of some
selected fragments, nothing more. Pity - again.

But, anyway -

 getting the pillar out of the quarry, then - transporting it to the river,
then - moving it onto a ship, then - getting it out of the ship, then -
transporting it to the place of the final destination, then - setting it
there --- a phantastically complicated technical/organizational enterprise.

Says much more about the Aśokan era than - I'd risk saying that - some
enigmatic texts engraved on the pillar.

Best wishes,

Artur
Polska