[INDOLOGY] "Puspika"

Tyler Williams tylerwwilliams at gmail.com
Tue May 16 02:59:42 UTC 2017

Thank you, Nagaraj, Timothy, and Péter-Dániel. The floral aspect certainly
is curious, and does indeed bring to mind a final 'blossoming', and the
decorative fleurons found at the end of some manuscripts.

The reference Bhattacharya's article eventually led me to Radhakanta Deva's
*Śabdakalpadruma*, which is the earliest lexicographical entry for the term
I have so far been able to find. So this usage is at least datable to the
late eighteenth/early nineteenth century.

The search continues...

Best and thanks,
Tyler