[INDOLOGY] Font?

Jonathan Silk kauzeya at gmail.com
Thu May 11 10:45:37 UTC 2017

On Mac I use the keyboard Asian Extended US, and there it is normally just
"alt+r" to produce r̥. I normally type in Minon or Brill or other fonts but
it seems to always appear. I just tied it with Times New Roman, Palatino,
even Ariel, it worked with all of them....

Jonathan

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 12:26 PM, Madhav Deshpande via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
>      I have been able to produce letters with the underdot.  My question
> is about how to produce letters with a circle underneath as in "r̥ r̥̄ l̥
> l̥̄".
>
> Madhav
>
> On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 1:26 AM, Richard Mahoney | Indica et Buddhica <
> rmahoney at fastmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear Madhav,
>>
>> For a while I've been using the Latin Modern (Roman) fonts:
>>
>> http://www.gust.org.pl/projects/e-foundry/latin-modern
>>
>> r and l underdot are available in various forms. You might be able to
>> knock something up from these.
>>
>> Here are some charts, please see pg 13:
>>
>> Latin Modern Family of Fonts / The Technical Documentation
>> Jackowski & Nowacki
>> http://texdoc.net/texmf-dist/doc/fonts/lm/lm-info.pdf
>>

>> Best, Richard
>>

>> On Thu, 11 May 2017 00:00:43 -0400
>> Madhav Deshpande via INDOLOGY <indology at list.indology.info> wrote:
>>
>> > Dear Colleagues,
>> >
>> >      In my Manjushree-CSX font, I had designed characters like r and
>> > l with a small circle underneath to represent ऋ and लृ.  This was the
>> > usage in Wackernagel's Altindische Grammatik as seen in the extract
>> > below.
>> >
>> > [image: Inline image 1]
>> >      Since I can no longer use the Manjushree-CSX font today,  I am
>> > wondering if there any Unicode fonts that are able to produce such
>> > diacritics?  Any suggestions?
>> >
>> > Madhav Deshpande
>> >

>> --
>>                               Richard Mahoney | INDICA ET BUDDHICA
>>                          Littledene  Bay Road  Oxford  New Zealand
>>                     T: +64-3-312-1699 | www.indica-et-buddhica.org

J. Silk
Leiden University
Leiden University Institute for Area Studies, LIAS
Matthias de Vrieshof 3, Room 0.05b
2311 BZ Leiden
The Netherlands

copies of my publications may be found at
http://www.buddhismandsocialjustice.com/silk_publications.html