[INDOLOGY] A novel Sanskrit input tool for Mac

Martin Gluckman m.gluckman at anu.edu.au
Tue May 2 14:23:43 UTC 2017

Dear Friends,

I wished to share a tool we've made to input Sanskrit on a Mac. Various
scripts as well as basic accents are supported along with an input method I
personally found to be very easy to learn.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sanskrit-writer-lite/id1171037573?mt=12

Due to restrictions of the Mac App store the full version (which allows the
typing of Sanskrit anywhere) is forced to use an editor so you have to
copy/paste but even so it should be useful to many of you (who use Mac).

In the near future the full version will be available for download (not
from the app store but from a separate site).

I hope this tool is as useful to students and scholars out there as we have
found in our work.

Warmest wishes,

Martin