[INDOLOGY] Gerrit Jan Meulenbeld (28/5/1928 - 26/3/2017)

yanom at cc.kyoto-su.ac.jp yanom at cc.kyoto-su.ac.jp
Wed Mar 29 10:56:10 UTC 2017

Dear colleagues,

I am very sad to hear the news of the demise of Prof. Meulenbeld.
I was first inspired by his book on Mādhavanidāna and then
by the monumental book A History of Indian Medical Literature.
Although he passed away, his achievements will be alive forever.

Michio Yano
Professor emeritus,
Kyoto Sangyo University