[INDOLOGY] Gerrit Jan Meulenbeld (28/5/1928 - 26/3/2017)

Jan E.M. Houben jemhouben at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 09:38:57 UTC 2017

Dear Peter,
I am extremely sorry to read this.
This is a great loss to Indology and to Sanskrit and Ayurvedic Studies, as
is clear from the link you have provided.
It was a privilege to work with him on several occasions and in the context
of eJIM.
We especially remember his participation in the seminar Āyurveda in
post-classical and pre-colonial India
organized at IIAS, Leiden, in 2009, where he presented his work on the
Hikmatprakasa, work in Sanskrit on Yunani medicine (see publication list).
Condolences to his family.
Jan Houben

--

*Jan E.M. HOUBEN*

Directeur d’Études

Sources et histoire de la tradition sanskrite

Professor of South Asian History and Philologie

*École Pratique des Hautes Études*

*Sciences historiques et philologiques *

54, rue Saint-Jacques

CS 20525 – 75005 Paris

johannes.houben at ephe.sorbonne.fr

https://ephe-sorbonne.academia.edu/JanEMHouben