[INDOLOGY] Buddhavacanam

Stella Sandahl stella.sandahl at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 18:54:09 UTC 2017

I cannot provide the article right now, but the point Prof. Smith was making  was that
the Buddha wasn't talking about languages at all. He was mainly saying the his disciples and followers should
render his words as they were spoken by him and refrain from all interpretations, additions, 'explanations'  etc.
It is quite a sensible point in my view. And it makes all discussion about what language the Buddha himself actually
spoke rather irrelevant, however interesting per se.
Best
Stella Sandahl
P.S. I'll get the article in question when I can go in to the library.

--
Dr. Stella Sandahl
9 Craftsman Lane
stella.sandahl at gmail.com