[INDOLOGY] Source of astrological quotation

Martin Gansten martingansten at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 13:16:54 UTC 2017

I am looking for the source of an astrological stanza in svāgatā metre,
relating to the prediction of death and containing (probably beginning
with) the line /krūrakhecaradaśāsamaye ca/. It is quoted by Balahadra
simply as 'jātakokta', suggesting that it derives from a major or
well-known work, but I have been unable to locate it in the sources I
have consulted so far (the Bṛhatsaṃhitā, Bṛhajjātaka, Laghujātaka,
Jātakakarmapaddhati/Śrīpatipaddhati and Sārāvalī). If anyone should
recognize it, or have any ideas as to likely sources, I'd be glad to know.

Martin Gansten