[INDOLOGY] CONF: "Self and Attention: Cross-Cultural Perspectives, " Annual Ratio Conference, 22 April 2017, University of Reading

Collins, Brian collinb1 at ohio.edu
Wed Mar 8 20:10:35 UTC 2017

I am away from my email from March 4th until March 10th.

Thanks!

Brian Collins

On Mar 8, 2017, at 3:09 PM, Collins, Brian via INDOLOGY <indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

I am away from my email from March 4th until March 10th.

Thanks!

Brian Collins

On Mar 7, 2017, at 4:59 AM, Shalini Sinha via INDOLOGY <indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

Ratio Conference 2017

University of Reading

Self and Attention: Cross-Cultural Perspectives

Saturday 22 April, 2017

Speakers:
Jonardon Ganeri (NYU), ‘The Role of Attention in Buddhist Philosophy of Mind’
Amber Carpenter (Yale-NUS), ‘Attention as a Means of Self-Dissolution and Reformation’
Jan Westerhoff (Oxford), ‘Language, Truth, and Meaning in Madhyamaka’
Jake Davis (NYU), ‘Virtues of Attention’
Sebastian Watzl (Oslo), (tba)
James Stazicker (Reading), ‘Attention as Visual Determinacy’

£20, £10 (students & concessions) – includes lunch & refreshments.
Student bursaries are available

Registration: 9.30-10.00 am. The final talk ends at 5.30 pm
Please book online: http://store.rdg.ac/2017AprRatioConference

Further information:  https://ratioconference.wordpress.com

or contact Shalini Sinha,  shalini.sinha at reading.ac.uk

Venue: Room G10, Henley Business School, University of Reading, Whiteknights, Reading RG6 6UD

Thanks to The Mind Association, The Analysis Trust and the NYU Virtues of Attention Project (https://wp.nyu.edu/attention/) for their support

Dr. Shalini Sinha
Lecturer in Non-Western Philosophy
Department of Philosophy, The University of Reading, Reading, Berkshire RG6 6AA.