[INDOLOGY] Sanskrit Readers: overview

Rembert Lutjeharms rembert at ochs.org.uk
Thu Jun 29 10:36:35 UTC 2017

Dear Dr. Ruppel,

Below are listed 17 more Sanskrit readers, which I believe have not
been mentioned yet, that we have here in the library of the Oxford
Centre for Hindu Studies. Nearly all of these were readers for BA
degrees in various institutions in Bombay and Pune. All of these come
from the library of the late Prof. J.A.F. Roodbergen.

Best wishes,
Rembert

J. M. Ashar, "Intermediate Sanskrit Selections (Prescribed for the
Bombay University for 1946-47)". Surat: The Popular Book Store, 1945.

J. M. Ashar, "Inter Sanskrit-1941 (Being a Critical Study of
Dasakumaracharita and the Mudrarakshasa in Questions and Answers)".
Ahmedabad: Khadayata Book Depot, 1941.

"Selections from Brāhmaṇas and Upaniṣads. Prescribed for the B.A.
Examination of 1967 and onwards". Bombay: The University of Bombay,
1966.

M.V. Patwardhan et al., "F.Y.B.A. Sanskrit Prose Selections". Poona:
University of Poona, 1962.

T.G. Mainkar et al., "F.Y.B.A. Sanskrit Prose Selections No. 2".
Poona: University of Poona, 1969.

K. N. Dravid, "Sanskrit Prose Selections Prescribed for Inter-Arts
Examination 1925 & 1926 with Notes". [Place and publisher unknown
(title page missing)], 1924.

A. B. Gajendragadkar & R. D. Karmarkar, "Intermediate Sanskrit
Selections. No. 1. (For the Years 1927 and 1929)". Poona: [no
publisher], [no date].

S. K. Belvalkar, "Intermediate Prose Selections (as prescribed by the
Bombay University for the Inter. Arts Examination in Sanskrit for 1925
& 26)". Bombay: S.K. Belvalkar, 1924.

S. K. Belvalkar, "Supplement to the Intermediate Prose Selections
(covering passages prescribed for 1935)". Poona: Bilvakunja Publishing
House, 1934.]

S. K. Belvalkar, "The Śrauta Reader, Being a Selection of Brahmaṇa
[sic] and Other Texts bearing upon The Philosophy of Vedic Sacrifice".
Poona: Bilvakunja Publishing House, 1934.

"Vedic Selections prepared and prescribed for Hon. Paper II in
Sanskrit for the B.A. Examination of 1943 and 1944." 2 volumes.
Bombay: S.R. Dongerkery, [no date].

A. B. Gajendragadkar & R. D. Karmarkar, "The Śrauta Reader (Appointed
as a Text for Paper III of the Sanskrit Honours B.A. Examination of
1935 and 1936)". Bombay: Elphinstone College, 1934.

G.V. Davane & S.G. Desai, "Selections in Sanskrit: Prose and Poetry
(Prescribed for the First Year Arts Examinations 1969-70-71)". Bombay:
University of Bombay, 1968.

P. S. Sane & M. D. Paradkar, "Selections in Sanskrit: Prose and Poetry
(Prescribed for the First Year Arts Examinations 1970-1971-1972)".
Bombay: University of Bombay, 1969.

M. V. Patwardhan et al., "Saṃskṛtakāvyaśāstravimarśaḥ [Selections in
Sanskrit Poetics]". Poona: University of Poona, 1982.

G.V. Devasthali, "Intermediate Sanskrit Selections (Bombay University
1954-56)". Second Edition. Bombay: Booksellers' Publishing Co., 1954.

M. P. Oka, "Caturthī Subodhapāṭhāvalī, or The Fourth Course of Easy
Sanskrit Readings". Third Edition. Poona: G. Ramchandra & Co., 1923.