[INDOLOGY] Goan-Konkani devanagari

Artur Karp karp at uw.edu.pl
Tue Jun 27 09:26:18 UTC 2017

Dear List,

I cooperate with the (Polish) Head Office of Geodesy and Cartography in
preparing for publication a list of the most important buildings/monuments
in the world. I want to include in the list several Goan Roman-Catholic
churches.

The most important of them is the Immaculate Conception Church in Panjim.

Now, the church's latin/romanized Konkani name is (according to Wikipedia):

Nixkollounk Gorb-Sombhov Saibinnich Igorz.

Since I need to present the name in its transliterated and transcribed
form, I'd have to have it also as it is written in the Goan-Konkani
devanagari script.

Almost two weeks ago I asked for help a Goan Catholic priest. I also
addressed the Indradhanush (Word Net Project) at

http://indradhanush.unigoa.ac.in/public/webcontent/webcontent.php?id=38

I asked them to kindly add the names of several other important Goan
Churches in both the romanized and devanagari Konkani.

I have no answer from them.

Have I, by any chance, broken some unwritten rule - by asking to send me
the formal names of several Goan churches - in Latin and Devanagari script?

Dear List,

I would be very grateful if someone of you would give me address of a
person/organization that would want to devote a bit of their time to
fulfill my request,

Thanking you in advance,

Artur Karp (ret.)
Chair of South Asian Studies