[INDOLOGY] translation query

Z Y yaophi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 03:29:42 UTC 2017

Dear Matthew,

I know of at least two more Japanese translations and one Chinese
translation with a lengthy commentary.

Zhihua Yao
Associate Professor of Philosophy
The Chinese University of Hong Kong

On Jun 20, 2017 7:10 PM, "Matthew Kapstein via INDOLOGY" <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

Dear friends,

The Trisvabhāvanirdeśa, attributed to Vasubandhu, has been
translated into English at least 6 times, at least twice into French,
and once each into Hindi, Spanish and Japanese. So far, however, I have
not located translations in German or other modern languages. If you
are aware of any such translations, I would be most grateful to learn of
them.

with thanks in advance,
Matthew

Matthew Kapstein
Directeur d'études,
Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes

Numata Visiting Professor of Buddhist Studies,
The University of Chicago
committee)
unsubscribe)