[INDOLOGY] Course "Lived Sanskrit Cultures in Varanasi" 19th Feb. to 16th Mar. 2018

Jörg Gengnagel joerg.gengnagel at uni-wuerzburg.de
Thu Jun 15 21:16:10 UTC 2017

Dear Colleagues,

we invite applications for admission to our newly established four week
intensive course

*"Lived Sanskrit Cultures in Varanasi" *

that will take place in Varanasi from *19th Feb. to 16th Mar. 2018.*

The course will be carried out in cooperation with Prof. Gopabandhu
Mishra (BHU). Three broad areas will be covered, these include "Teaching
Sanskrit and the Veda", "Performing Rituals", and "Kāśīyātrā:
Processions in Varanasi".  An essential part of the course would be to
include gender perspectives in the study of all the three mentioned areas.

We would be grateful if you could widely circulate this call for
applications. For further information please consult the following page:

http://www.sai.uni-heidelberg.de/abt/IND//hdsanskrit/2018_varanasi.php

With many greetings from Heidelberg and Würzburg,

Jörg Gengnagel
Ute Hüsken
Anand Mishra

--