[INDOLOGY] A new Sanskrit Reader

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Mon Jun 12 21:59:38 UTC 2017

Dear Antonia,

     Short passages from Patañjali's Mahābhāṣya, Śabara's
Mīmāṃsāsūtrabhāṣya, Śaṅkara's and Rāmānuja's Vedāntasūtrabhāṣyas would be
very useful.  Similarly, small portions of introductory Śāstric texts like
the Tarkasaṃgraha, Vedāntaparibhāṣā and Mīmāṃsā-Nyāya-Prakāśa would be
useful. Along with Kāvyas, I would suggest including a sample act of drama,
and a short section from Kāvyaśāstra.  I am assuming that your book would
serve as an introduction to Sanskrit literature in a wide sense of the
term.  I am looking forward to your work.

Madhav Deshpande
Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA