[INDOLOGY] A new Sanskrit Reader

Antonia Ruppel rhododaktylos at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 20:03:05 UTC 2017

Dear all,

I just received a contract to write a new intermediate Sanskrit Reader -- a
21st-century Lanman, if you will. Its aims will be to help students apply
and practice their grammar knowledge, increase their vocabulary and their
reading stamina, and give them a taste of a broader variety of Sanskrit
textual genres.

Each text extract will be up to about ten pages long and come with an
introduction, as well as grammar and vocabulary notes on every page.
Several members of this list have already very kindly made excellent
suggestions for texts or text excerpts that they would like to see included
in the Reader; but given the wonderful breadth and enormous collective
experience of this list, I would like to ask all of you: are there any
texts or even specific passages that you have always wished existed in a
format suited for presentation to intermediate students?

The more broadly useful the Reader might prove to the members of our field
who are involved in Sanskrit instruction, the better; so if you have any
suggestions or ideas, I would love to hear them. I am of course very happy
to give credit to anyone who shares their thoughts with me.

If you have any questions about how I am intending to structure the Reader,
what I am so far planning to include etc, please don't hesitate to ask.

All the best,
   Antonia

--
A n t o n i a  R u p p e l