[INDOLOGY] Call For Papers: American Journal of Indic Studies

George Cardona cardonagj at verizon.net
Sat Jun 10 15:46:59 UTC 2017

Dear Dr. Bendz,
	First, my apology for accidentally misspelling your name earlier.  I have now gone quickly through your long article as a whole and carefully through the first ten pages.  I attach the copy you sent me, with some brief notes on these first pages.  My general conclusion is that I think your paper does not fit well in an Indic journal.  It is, I think, more appropriate to a journal such as the Journal of India-European Studies.  The paper does not concern Indic philology proper in that it is not a textual study.  As an outline of phonology, it does say much about India-Iranian but not much exclusively about Indic, although attention is paid to the issue of how retroflex consonants developed and spread.  For these reasons, I feel the paper ill fits the American Journal of Indic Studies.  I hope you may have it published elsewhere and I wish you well in this endeavor.  I also look forward possibly to meeting you again before long.
	With good wishes,
	George Cardona