Re: [INDOLOGY] Question regarding Ācāryaśāpa

Asko Parpola aparpola at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 12:44:18 UTC 2017

I am resending an earlier message, which apparently did not reach indology
list because google could not deliver it to the address of Nagaraj.
Christophe has already given the reference, but here are more details and
how you can download pdf(s):

On the anācāras of the Kerala Brahmins, see the appendices to my wife
Marjatta Parpola's book "Kerala Brahmins in transition: A study of a
Nampūtiri family" (Studia Orientalia 91), Helsinki: The Finnish Oriental
Society, xii, 436 pp. In the appendices (pp. 403-425)  I reproduce
Śāṅkarasmṛti 1,12,4 in Sanskrit and its Malayalam commentary with an
annotated English translation of the former. My wife then discusses
Logan's, Fawcett's and S. Venkitasubramonia Iyer's discussions of these
rules, and finally I reproduce Gundert's Keral'-achara-sancshepam.
Pdf(s) of the book('s chapters) can be downloaded freely from

http://journal.fi/store/issue/archive

Withe best regards and wishes, Asko

Asko Parpola, aparpola at gmail.com
http://orcid.org/0000-0002-9484-3732