[INDOLOGY] question about some objects

BG brendan.gillon at mcgill.ca
Sat Jul 29 13:18:37 UTC 2017

Dear colleagues,

I just came into possession of 11 cylindrical objects, 1 about 9 cm long
and 1.5 cm in diameter, the other 10 about 5 cm long and 1.25 cm in
diameter. I do not know what they are. Perhaps, someone knowlegeable
can suggest to me how I can find out what they are.

The person who gave these items to me reports that they were
discovered when a statue of the Buddha broke. The statue was part of a
collection held somewhere in the state of Michigan.

Cordially yours,
Brendan Gillon

Brendan S. Gillon                       email: brendan.gillon at mcgill.ca
Department of Linguistics
McGill University                       tel.:  001 514 398 4868
1085, Avenue Docteur-Penfield
Montreal, Quebec                        fax.:  001 514 398 7088
H3A 1A7  CANADA

webpage: http://webpages.mcgill.ca/staff/group3/bgillo/web/