[INDOLOGY] LORD BUDDHA AND SRI LANAK

alakendu das mailmealakendudas at rediffmail.com
Tue Jul 11 09:32:42 UTC 2017

 To All,

          While going through a book on Ceylonese Buddhist Chronicles , I came across a

reference from Dipavamsa ,which reads as follows-

                           DIPAGAMANAM BUDDHASSA DHATU CHA BODHIAGAMAM

          Evidently 'Dipaagamanam Buddhassa' this indicates a possiblity of Lord  Buddha

laying  his blissful  step on Sri Lankan soil .

                         I was curious to know whether any other evidences exist hinting at

Buddha's visit to Sri Lanka . Is it a fact that Lord Buddha himself came to Lanka or whetehr

it was Emperor Ashoka's son Mahinda who first  introduced Buddhism to Sri LANKA ,during the

reign of King Duttagamini

                              ALAKENDU DAS.

                                             ALAKENDU DAS.