[INDOLOGY] Buddhism and removal of dirt

Artur Karp karp at uw.edu.pl
Mon Jul 10 20:31:48 UTC 2017

Dear Christopher,

Am grateful for the access to your PhD dissertation. Unfortunately, I am
unable to consult these two other publications. Could I count on your
sending me pdfs of their appropriate fragments?

As far as I know, in Myanmar the removal of the monks' fecalia is
traditionally considered to be the duty of a class of 'monastery servants'
- sort of conscripted, from the times immemorial, to serve in this role.

Is this situation the norm also in Thailand, Cambodia and Sri Lanka?

Best,

Artur Karp
Polska