[INDOLOGY] Skt vocabulary from the title pages and prefaces of Sanskrit editions

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 05:43:01 UTC 2017

Nope, you have expressions like s'uddha prati = copy which is s'uddha ,
copy which underwent s'odhana (s'odhana = search for impurities, removal of
impurities, cleaning up to remove impurities, you know , you are an
Ayurveda man)

So "saṃśodhita is a Sanskrit back-translation of the English word "edited"
is not always the case.

--
Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.