[INDOLOGY] Skt vocabulary from the title pages and prefaces of Sanskrit editions

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 03:36:26 UTC 2017

   - saṃśodhitam edited

saṃśodhitam has the sense of 1. textual criticism done, 2. copy improved,
3. 'mistakes' removed (e.g. if it is a stotra, reader is being assured of
no 'mistakes') 4. Approved by authorities in the subject etc.  also apart
from 'edited' (Editing may include these. But I want to provide the
conventional senses in which this word on the cover is taken)

Student may be informed that sense varies and depends on the context.

On Sun, Jan 29, 2017 at 2:55 AM, Matthew Kapstein via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> pañjikā, vṛtti, vārttika, chāyā, anuvāda
> also come to mind
>
> Matthew Kapstein
> Directeur d'études,
> Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes
>
> Numata Visiting Professor of Buddhist Studies,
> The University of Chicago

Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

(Pune, Maharashtra, INDIA )