[INDOLOGY] Attantya Abhava

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 07:30:31 UTC 2017

If you look at प्रागभाव, प्रध्वंसाभाव, अत्यंताभाव and  अन्योन्याभाव , the
other three relative , prior (pre-effect /pre-birth) absence, later
(post-destruction) absence, mutual  absence (absence of one in relation
(such as location) to the other). Hence अत्यंताभाव should be absolute
absence. rūpaṃ is form not colour.

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 12:24 PM, alakendu das <
mailmealakendudas at rediffmail.com> wrote:

> Dr.Williams,
>
> Thank you for your explanation. I,too, am aware of the fact that colour of
> Wind is a befitting example of Attyanta Abhava.
>
> However, in course of my Vedanta Philosophy
> studies ,I got stuck over a particular issue. Does the statement' The pot
> does not exist in this
> plane'(BHUTALE GHATA NASTI") can be taken as an example of
> AttantyaAbvhava? I am a bit sceptical
> on this issue. AttantyaAbhava means something which has a constant
> multidimensional absence (
> Trikaala Badhita). The absence of Pot in This plane may not necessarily
> mean it's absence in
> other planes too.
> In spite of this, can it be taken as an example of AttyantaAbhava.?
>
> ALAKENDU DAS

Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

(Pune, Maharashtra, INDIA )