[INDOLOGY] History of Nirnayasagara Press

dermot at grevatt.force9.co.uk dermot at grevatt.force9.co.uk
Wed Feb 1 11:03:50 UTC 2017

Dear Madhav,

That evokes happy memories of reading NSP texts when I was a student in Oxford in the late
1950s, and then of stopping in Mumbai in 1961 on my way, by ship, to my first teaching post
in the University of Malaya. I used the few hours in port to go to Nirnayasagara Mudralaya
and buy more books, and had a look at the bits of type, vignette blocks and other equipment
that were displayed. Sea travel and metal type: two wonderful achievements of technology,
and I love the smell of both.

Yours,

Dermot