[INDOLOGY] Prapannāmṛta

David Pierdominici davidpaolo.pierdominicileao at uniroma1.it
Thu Aug 24 13:19:20 UTC 2017

Dear list members,

I am writing in order to have an elucidation about the dating of the  Prapannāmṛta by Anantācārya; I have found a reference on the web which locates this text and its author during the XVII century CE, but without any kind of explanation. On the contrary, I noticed that some scholars placed this hagiography in the XI century, very close to the life of Rāmānuja; I am reading at the moment a passage collocated in Vijayanagara (adhyāya 123) related to the emperor Virūpākṣa II (1465-1485). I think that dating the text to the XI century would be not so pertinent…
Could you kindly give me suggestions (about the dating or some studies/articles related to the topic)?
Many thanks in advance.
My best regards,

David Pierdominici
PhD candidate