[INDOLOGY] Digitization of Rare books at the BORI

Olivelle, J P jpo at austin.utexas.edu
Tue Aug 1 12:16:04 UTC 2017

I was at BORI last week and visited the digitization office with Prof. Bahulkar. They have three impressive digitizing machines, and as I understood it, they will make the final product available online. Right now it is in an intranet available only in-house. They are planning on digitizing their rare books library and the manuscript library. I am not sure whether the latter will be available to all comers on the internet, or will be protected by password and payment.

Patrick