[INDOLOGY] IMPORTANT on NEH and AIIS Funding & Budget!

Clough, Bradley Bradley.Clough at mso.umt.edu
Tue Apr 25 23:22:41 UTC 2017

Yes, I concur with Matthew. Thanks to you, Dominik, and to others for your concern.

Best,
Brad

On Apr 25, 2017, at 1:27 AM, Matthew Kapstein <mkapstei at uchicago.edu<mailto:mkapstei at uchicago.edu>> wrote:

Dear Dominik,

As the US federal budget is a congressional matter, it is essential for US citizens to make
their concerns known to their representatives, but I rather doubt that there is much
that non-US citizens can do here. If one has knowledge of individual US congressional
representatives who are particularly interested in relevant issues (e.g. US-India relations)
it may be worthwhile for concerned persons to write to them; it wouldn't hurt in any case.

best,
Matthew

Matthew Kapstein
Directeur d'études,
Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes

Numata Visiting Professor of Buddhist Studies,
The University of Chicago