[INDOLOGY] DIPAVAMSA-AUTHOUR

alakendu das mailmealakendudas at rediffmail.com
Fri Apr 7 12:06:13 UTC 2017

  Of late, I am going through a book on the Chronicles of Ceylone.The two most well-known

chronicles of Ceylone are-Dipa Vamsa and Maha Vamsa. The authour of Mahavamsa has been confirmed

as Thera Mahanama .Can anybody kindly  suggest  a name who authoured Dipa Vamsa.? There is

another area of interest in Dipavamsa ,which drew my attention. It states-' DipaAgamanam

Buddhassha ...... " Thus, can  it be inferred that Siddhartha Gautama Buddha  had set his foot on

Lankan soil.? Any other evidences to corroborrate ?

                                                      ALAKENDU DAS.