Re: [INDOLOGY] less well-known Gītagovinda translations

Lubomír Ondračka ondracka at ff.cuni.cz
Sun Apr 2 21:40:52 UTC 2017

Dear Jesse,

there is a translation into the Russian (by A. Ya. Syrkina, Moskva: Vostochnaya literatura, 1995 - I can send you a pdf, if you want).

There is also a Polish translation: Pieśń o Krysznie Pasterzu, transl. by Barbara Grabowska and Andrzej Ługowski,  Warszawa: Wydawnictwo Akademickie Dialog, 1996).

As far as I know, there is no published academic translation into the Czech or Slovak languages.

There are probably other translations into Slavic languages produced by ISKCON, but I don't know them.

Best,
Lubomir