[INDOLOGY] Altar of Fire Movie

Collins, Brian collinb1 at ohio.edu
Thu Sep 29 14:47:31 UTC 2016

Dear Indology List,

After years of showing Altar of Fire to my Hinduism class and having to pause the video to explain some of the less intelligible dialogue, I have decided to create a subtitle track to accompany the movie. And since I have the two accompanying volumes, I thought I would also subtitle the chants we hear using Staal’s day by day description of the rite. But before I undertake this, I want to make sure no one else already has and spared me the trouble.

Hopefully,

Brian

Asst. Prof. Brian Collins
Drs. Ram and Sushila Gawande Chair in Indian Religion and Philosophy
210J Ellis Hall
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701
740-597-2103