Re: [INDOLOGY] pañcakośa

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 06:25:02 UTC 2016

Since you mentioned "anthropology of tourism and embodiment" the post by
Prof. Artur Karp on the Sati myth explaining the locations of āṣṭādaśa
śakti pīṭhas which is discussed in various books on śakti pīṭhas exactly
fits here.

I saw an English book on śakti pīṭhas which my  late father consulted
during his research on the concept.  I am trying to recollect /locate the
same.

vāstu puruṣa is an example of embodiment of space which is more
relevant here.

For that matter , the concept of virāṭ puruṣa , its exposition in puruṣa
sūkta are examples of the significance of the concept of embodiment
including that of space in Vedic lore.

 Saskia C. Kersenboom-Story 's book Nityasumangali has a discussion on
Temple structure and its relation to the concept of body according to Yoga.
(This is a frequently discussed idea in many books on Hindu temple.)

--
Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

(Pune, Maharashtra, INDIA )