[INDOLOGY] Roque Mesquita (1937-2016)

Olivelle, J P jpo at austin.utexas.edu
Tue Oct 4 11:40:02 UTC 2016

This is quite distressing news. I knew Roque and his family from the mid-1970s, and the last time they had us over to their home was in 2001. He was already sick when I visited Vienna a few years ago and could not meet him. He was a kind and generous person and a fine scholar. We will miss him.

Patrick Olivelle