[INDOLOGY] Georges Dumezil's Tripartite Ideology text

Jan E.M. Houben jemhouben at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 11:10:38 UTC 2016

Dear Christophe,
Thanks for the very detailed bibliographical references.
Dear Jonathan, thanks for this reference of the refutation by John Brough.
Dumézil's work is rich and explored domaines that before and after him have
hardly been touched by anyone. Even if we reject Dumézil's main theory
there is much of value to be found in his work.
Jan Gonda's Triads in the Veda (Amsterdam 1976) is a collection of passages
in which Gonda, in his own style, tried to let an enormous mass of textual
evidence mainly "speak for itself" but the aim was to thoroughly refute
Dumézil's theory of "tripartite ideology of the indo-europeans".
Jan Houben

*Jan E.M. HOUBEN*

Directeur d’Études

Sources et histoire de la tradition sanskrite

*École Pratique des Hautes Études*

*Sciences historiques et philologiques *

54, rue Saint-Jacques

CS 20525 – 75005 Paris

johannes.houben at ephe.sorbonne.fr

https://ephe-sorbonne.academia.edu/JanEMHouben