[INDOLOGY] learning material for Sanskrit in Braille

Anand Venkatkrishnan anand.venkatkrishnan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 21:10:44 UTC 2016

Dear Dr. Oberlin,

I don't know of the advancement in Braille, but I taught Sanskrit to a
blind student who used a voice recognition system that enunciated what he
typed and read in plain text. It was not advanced enough to recognize
diacritical marks, but there was a slight but recognizable difference in
the intonation between upper-case and lower-case letters. Thus we used the
Harvard-Kyoto transliteration scheme to develop an archive of notes
(paradigms, forms, etc.) and exercises.

Regards,
Anand

On Wed, Nov 23, 2016 at 8:49 PM, PD Dr. Heike Oberlin <
heike.oberlin at uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> is anyone aware about useful material or a digital utility to learn
> Sanskrit in Braille?
>
> Best regards,
> Heike Oberlin
>

> -------------------
> *PD Dr. phil. habil. Heike Oberlin*
> General Manager & Scientific Coordinator (AOI)
> Associate Professor (Indology)
>

> Eberhard-Karls-Universität Tuebingen
> Institute of Asian and Oriental Studies (AOI)
> Dept. of Indology and Comparative Religion
> Keplerstr. 2 (room 139)  · 72074 Tuebingen · Germany
>
> Phone +49 7071 29-74005 · Mobile +49 176 20030066
> heike.oberlin at uni-tuebingen.de
>

> *http://www.uni-tuebingen.de/aoi/indologie/mitarbeiter/heike-oberlin-moser.html
> <http://www.uni-tuebingen.de/aoi/indologie/mitarbeiter/heike-oberlin-moser.html>*

Anand Venkatkrishnan