[INDOLOGY] Macdonell on Usas

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 05:52:07 UTC 2016

This turns out to be an offprint of the article mentioned by Prof. George
Thompson.

http://biblio.co.uk/book/usas-hymns-rgveda-aa-macdonell/d/857786086

says,

Royal Asiatic Society. April, 1932, London, 1932. *First Edition*.
Softcover. Very Good Condition. Octavo (14.5 x 22 cms approx). 27 Pages.
Original printed wrappers as issued. *Scarce*. The condition will reflect
the fragile and ephemeral format of the production; very good overall. This
is a Publisher's Offprint, not an extract or a reprint. An offprint is
produced by the publisher's of journals in very small quantities, with the
usual intention of allowing the author to present them to friends or
colleagues and for review. The printing is done simultaneously with the
main journal, and then they are bound up in specially printed wrappers with
the author's name and title printed. They are considered quite collectable
and desirable due to their intimate connection to the author of the work,
rather than the more mass produced nature of the full journal. PLEASE NOTE:
This is not a reprint or an extract, it is an Offprint. Size: Octavo
(standard book size). Multiple copies available this title. Quantity
Available: 3. Category: Royal Asiatic Society Offprints; Pamphlet;
Inventory No: 139124. .

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 10:48 AM, Nagaraj Paturi <nagarajpaturi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> His translation of all the Ushas hymns seems to have got published as a
> book.
>
> To  buy:
>
> https://www.amazon.com/Usas-Hymns-Rgveda-Macdonell/dp/B01L3FIO7Q
>
> To read or download:
>
> https://www.jstor.org/stable/25194506?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents
>
> On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 10:43 AM, Nagaraj Paturi <nagarajpaturi at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> It is here
>> <http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjAuvmhxbHQAhXFuY8KHXTLDPAQFgggMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fweb.stanford.edu%2F~knaik%2FRg%2520Veda%2520Reader%2520(MacDonell).pdf&usg=AFQjCNG63Kpp0DDY_tB3vzIx7AldkNLXow&sig2=zQiJ3ofhYqJF6He-2t_iBw>
>> and here
>> <http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjAuvmhxbHQAhXFuY8KHXTLDPAQFggaMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wilbourhall.org%2Fpdfs%2Fmacdonell%2FA_Vedic_reader_for_students___containing.pdf&usg=AFQjCNEG5bSsiOpWYZWE8EtCZmnwFqyGfg&sig2=I97RdYidakc3fu47RqpGgA>.
>>

>> On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 10:10 AM, Dipak Bhattacharya <
>> dipak.d2004 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> 18/11/16
>>> Dear George,
>>> I do not have the paper with me but I could mention a very useful
>>> introduction to Ushas by Macdonell in A Vedic Reader for Students
>>> Oxf.1917: 92-93. This book has been reprinted
>>> Best

--
Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.