[INDOLOGY] bhakti/Vedic astrology

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 17:09:28 UTC 2016

Dear Bill,

My statement was :

That was just a model of solution I was trying to offer to get out of this
'problematic' (?) word 'Vedic' in the name of Vedic Astrology. My point was
that some method indicating name might solve the problem of source-claims.

Let me elaborate the word 'source-claims':

The whole discussion started with objections to a certain strand of
astrology being called 'Vedic'. The objection is rooted in the objections
to the assumed or actual *claim* by the users of the word 'Vedic' that
the *source
*of present horoscopic astrology that is being called 'Vedic Astrology' is
Vedas or some other Vedic text. This is an example of a source-claim. The
objection is to this source-claim. What I did is, I neither agreed nor
disagreed with this source-claim. My above statement was a clarification
that I was only suggesting that method indicate name can avoid the
controversy about such source-claims.

That is my clarification about my statement.

But please go ahead discussing your objections to source-claims after
noting that none of those claims are mine.

Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

(Pune, Maharashtra, INDIA )