[INDOLOGY] Rare commentary on Sarasvatīkaṇṭhābharaṇa

Alessandro Battistini alessandro.battistini at uniroma1.it
Tue Nov 15 09:34:33 UTC 2016

Dear all,

with the kind help of Lidia Szczepanik (SOAS London) and Jesse Knutson
(Hawaii Manoa) I've managed to put together Katsuhiko Kamimura's edition of
the little known commentary by Bhaṭṭa Narasiṃha on the
Sarasvatīkaṇṭhābharaṇa. This edition appeared in the 70s scattered in
various issues of hard-to-find Japanese journals. It is not even mentioned
in Cahill's otherwise impeccable Annotated Bibliography, and I came across
it by mere chance. I hope this might be of some interest for the
ālaṃkārikas amongst us. It can be downloaded at this Dropbox link
<https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f825qyldlalkrme/AAAGhJsSjKw54CNM3hubbc2La?dl=0>.

Best,

Alessandro Battistini
Gonda fellow, IIAS Leiden