[INDOLOGY] Fwd: Encyclopedia of Indian Religions | vol. on Hinduism and Tribal Religions

Pankaj Jain पंकज जैन pankajaindia at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 15:42:13 UTC 2016

Dear Colleagues

Happy Diwali and Hope this message finds you well.

We want to invite you to join an exciting project under the leadership
of Professor
Arvind Sharma: Encyclopedia of Indian Religion (
http://www.springer.com/series/15157)

The Jainism, Buddhism, and Sikhism sections are already in production:
https://www.amazon.com/Buddhism-Jainism-Encyclopedia-Indian-Religions/dp/
9402408517

For Hinduism section, we are aiming for covering 300 topics overall
(750,000 words approximately) of the below, varying lengths:

·         Short Entries: 1000 – 2000 words

·         Medium Entries: 3000 – 5000 words

·         Long Entries: 10000 words

Attached is the current list of overdue and unassigned topics for your
review and a possible starting point.

Since the planned publication date is summer 2018, we are aiming for all
submissions to be received by December 2017.

Let me know your thoughts. I’d be happy to discuss further over a call, if
you prefer.

Best,

Pankaj

----------------------