[INDOLOGY] DHARMA IN BUDDHISM

alakendu das mailmealakendudas at rediffmail.com
Tue May 10 05:32:22 UTC 2016

 Thanks to all who have elaborated on my query. I believe Mr.Richard Gombrich has made a very realistic assesment on the matter concerning Dhrama in Buddhism. Only yesterday I was going through a qoute from the Anguttara Nikaya ( of Sutta Pitaka) where  Siddhartaha Gautam Buddha says- 'This is the road leading to Cessation of sorrow.' May be this what is implied by Dharma.  Sorrow is what the world is all about , and it's cessation is the way we should live.

                                                                 ALAKENDU DAS

                                                                Post-Graduate,Indology