[INDOLOGY] Destruction of Buddhist monasteries and other establishments

Birgit Kellner birgit.kellner at oeaw.ac.at
Sun May 8 06:57:45 UTC 2016

Giovanni Verardi's "Hardships and Downfall of Buddhism in India" springs
to mind:

@Book{Verardi2011,
  Title                    = {Hardships and Downfall of Buddhism in India},
  Author                   = {Giovanni Verardi},
  Editor                   = {Federica Barba},
  ISBN                     = {9788173049286},
  Location                 = {New Delhi},
  Pagetotal                = {523},
  Publisher                = {Manohar Publ.},
  Year                     = {2011},
}

With best regards,

Birgit Kellner

Am 08.05.2016 um 08:47 schrieb D N Jha:
> Dear List,
> Can any one refer me to a comprehensive discussion of the archaeological
> evidence of the destruction/appropriation of Buddhist monasteries and
> other religious establishments in pre-Islamic period?...Any thing beyond
> the writings of Richard Davis and Richard Eaton!
>
> -
> D N Jha
> Professor of History (retired),
> University of Delhi
> 9, Uttaranchal Apartments
> 5, I.P. Extension, Delhi 110 092
> Tel: + 2277 1049
> Cell: 98111 43090
> jdnarayan at gmail.com <mailto:jdnarayan at gmail.com>
> dnjha72 at gmail.com <mailto:dnjha72 at gmail.com>
>
> --
> --
> D N Jha
> Professor of History (retired),
> University of Delhi
> 9, Uttaranchal Apartments
> 5, I.P. Extension, Delhi 110 092
> Tel: + 2277 1049
> Cell: 98111 43090
> jdnarayan at gmail.com <mailto:jdnarayan at gmail.com>
> dnjha72 at gmail.com <mailto:dnjha72 at gmail.com>

-------
Dr. Birgit Kellner
Director
Institute for the Cultural and Intellectual History of Asia
Austrian Academy of Sciences
Apostelgasse 23
A-1030 Vienna / Austria
Phone: (+43-1) 51581 / 6420