[INDOLOGY] Call for papers: Uberoi Seminar at Shawnee State University

Lavanya Vemsani lavanyavemsani at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 15:08:46 UTC 2016

Hello All,
I am including the call for papers for the Uberoi conference we will be
hosting at Shawnee State University this Fall.
Hope you could join us.
Thank you
Lavanya

Call for Papers

Uberoi Seminar at Shawnee State University, OHIO, USA

We are excited to announce that we will be hosting the interdisciplinary
conference on Indian Cultural Heritage in the Global Age, which will take
place at the Shawnee State University, Portsmouth, Ohio, during September
23-24, 2016. The conference brings together academic research on Indian
history, its religious and cultural history. India is home to a number of
religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism, collectively referred to
as the Dharma traditions. In a global world, it is more than ever necessary
to understand India, its cultural heritage and religions. Hence we seek
papers on all aspects of Indian history, culture, and religions. We are
especially seeking papers dedicated to Bhakti, Krishna, Balarama and modern
Vaishnavism.

Additionally, selected papers will be included in a collection of essays
resulting from the conference.

Please send a 250-word abstract in PDF format and brief (one paragraph
maximum) bio to lavanyavemsani at gmail.com or lvemsani at shawnee.edu by April
24, 2016 (11:59 pm). Notifications of acceptance will be sent by June 29,
2016 and the program will be announced by August 29, 2016.

--

*Dr. Lavanya Vemsani*  Ph.D. History (Univ. of Hyderabad) & Ph.D. Religious
Studies (McMaster Univ.)

Distinguished University Professor of History, Department of Social Sciences

*Shawnee State University*

Portsmouth OH 45662

V:7403513233 F:7403513153 E:lvemsani at shawnee.edu

Editor, *International Journal of Dharma and Hindu Studies*