[INDOLOGY] ​ Taittiriya Aranyaka with Bhaskara Misra's commentary

Ajit Gargeshwari ajit.gargeshwari at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 16:37:26 UTC 2016

​Not sure what Harry Spier is looking at.

Government Oriental Library Series Mysore has published the following in
1900-02:

   1. Taittiriya Brahmana with the commentary of Bhattabhaskara, edited by
   A. Mahadeva Shastri
   2. Taittirya Aranyaka with the commentary of Bhattabhaskara, edited by
   A. Mahadeva Shastri and K Rangacharya

Both the above are have been reprinted by Motilal Banarasidas (
http://www.mlbd.com) , but these may not be available.  These are complete
and can be downloaded from archive.org

Anandashram (Pune) (http://www.anandashram-sanstha.org/) has published
Taittiriya Aranyaka with the commentary of Sayana.  This is complete and
also downloadable from archive.org.  You can download their list of
publications from their site.

Note: There are two versions of the Taittiriya Aranyaka - The Mysore
edition has 8 prapathakas whereas the Anandashram edition has 10
prapathakas.

Regarding Taittiriya Brahmana with Sayana's commentary, Anandashram has
published it. There is areprint by Nag Publishers of Delhi.

​Bhattabhaskara's commentary on Kanda 4 (which incidentally contain the
Rudram and Chamakam) is not available.  Volumes 6 & 7 were never
published.  The published volumes contain all the other Kandas.  A much
better place to download them from is: http://archive.org/details/taittiriya
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Farchive.org%2Fdetails%2Ftaittiriya&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNH63IMkwXeQV_-KLVHd5wva3UNs4Q>.
Bhatta Bhaskara's commentaries are much more informative about grammar and
svara.

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 9:30 PM, <indology-request at list.indology.info>
wrote:

> [...]

Regards
Ajit Gargeshwari
न जायते म्रियते वा कदाचिन्नायं भूत्वा भविता वा न भूयः।
अजो नित्यः शाश्वतोऽयं पुराणो न हन्यते हन्यमाने शरीरे।।2.20।।