[INDOLOGY] Pune Dictionary

David and Nancy Reigle dnreigle at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 20:21:08 UTC 2016

Thank you, Patrick, for bringing this up. I have noticed a steady decrease
in the size of the volumes, starting with vol. 3. My copy of vol. 9 lacks a
volume title page, having only the Part title page (volume nine, part one),
although all three parts are present. It also has no print on the binding.
It has just a plain blue cloth binding with nothing to identify it from the
outside. All the previous volumes were black with gold-stamped print. I do
not yet have vol. 10 (or 28!).

It is a shame that this huge and important dictionary project is having
these publication problems, presumably due to financial difficulties.
Almost all of the original contributors who went through the Sanskrit texts
and prepared the slips from which the dictionary is compiled are now dead.
I suppose we must be grateful that publication is still continuing on a
regular basis. Yet I would have liked to see all the volumes come out in
the size matching the magnificent first two volumes.

Best regards,

David Reigle
Colorado, U.S.A.