[INDOLOGY] Total-am

patrick mccartney psdmccartney at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 02:49:52 UTC 2016

Dear Friends,

I have made a short film titled: *Total-am*

*Total-am* is about one afternoon that occurred during the 1-month I spent
in the 'Sanskrit village' Jhiri in Madhya Pradesh in 2015. On a very hot,
dry and windy 47c day we went to a neighbouring village to collect 300kgs
of wheat. Some of the people in this other village also speak *some*
Sanskrit. The focus of this film is to show how the Sanskrit '-am' particle
is used to turn loan words from other languages into Sanskrit words. Hence
the title of the film 'Total-am'. This film also shows how Sanskrit lives
alongside other languages like Malvi, Hindi and English and the scenery of
Rajgarh District.

I have uploaded a link to my academia site:

https://www.academia.edu/22718232/Total-am_Filmed_and_Produced_by_Patrick_McCartney

But here is the direct link to youtube:

 https://youtu.be/7tAp8m9RHPU

While it certainly won't get nominated for a BAFTA, nonetheless I hope you
enjoy it.

Best,

Patrick McCartney