[INDOLOGY] Database of Sanskrit Verb forms

dhaval patel drdhaval2785 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 16:32:44 UTC 2016

Apologies for cross posting
---------------------------------------

Respected scholars,

As a result of our work on tiGanta generation tool for past some years,
We present the following database of generated verb forms of Sanskrit
language for Sanskrit NLP community.

www.sanskritworld.in/sanskrittool/SanskritVerb/generatedforms/verbforms.tar.gz

The file is in XML format and a typical line is in the following format -

Data set has a total of 267797 entries.
Data has verb forms for around 2240 verbs.

Project code page -
https://github.com/drdhaval2785/SanskritVerb/
Project testing page -
http://www.sanskritworld.in/sanskrittool/SanskritVerb/tiGanta.html
N.B. - The code will also show up applicable Paninian rules and the effect
thereof on the verb forms sequentially.

Current version -
v1.10.0 Date 24 June 2016
Authors -
Dr. Dhaval Patel and Dr. Shivakumari Katuri.

Acknowledgements -
1. Prof. Amba Kulkarni of Univ. of Hyderabad for allowing us access to her
database of verb forms and various dhAtuvRttis
<http://sanskrit.uohyd.ac.in/scl/dhaatupaatha/compare_with_svara.html>.
2. Prof. Gerard Huet of INRIA for allowing us access to his database of
verbforms <http://sanskrit.inria.fr/DATA/XML/>.
We have used these two existing databases for comparing our results
against, and have made necessary corrections where there were evident
errors.

--
Dr. Dhaval Patel, I.A.S
Collector and District Magistrate, Anand