[INDOLOGY] suicide as a result of love

Diwakar singh samparkdev at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 12:59:42 UTC 2016

There are several narrative that talks about suicide in Buddhist contexts,
for instance the Avadanasataka  contains a story of a  brahmin named
Gangika who wanted to enter into monastic order however he was denied by
his Parent to do so. And the necessary permission was not granted by his
parent and the story suggests that in order to get the opportunity to
become monk he repeatedly tried to commit suicide.