[INDOLOGY] Astrolabes in Udaipur

Jean-Michel Delire jmdelire at ulb.ac.be
Thu Jul 14 07:23:02 UTC 2016

Dear List,

I am in Udaipur and, trying to find astrolabes or other instruments (ancient or new), I only meet  shop's tenants who propose me to find an astrolabe (new) but need time for that. I suppose they know people who are still able to make these instruments (as S.R.Sarma ensured me to exist in Udaipur), but of course they don't want to give me more details. Does anybody know more about this ?

Regards,

J.M.Delire,
Lecturer on Science and Civilization of India, University of Brussels