[INDOLOGY] Prof. Diwakar Acharya named for Spalding Chair

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 03:34:15 UTC 2016

It's great to see on the All Souls website
<https://www.asc.ox.ac.uk/person/3328?m1=4&m2=0> that Prof. Diwakar Acharya
has been elected to the Spalding Chair in Eastern Religion and Ethics at
All Souls College, Oxford University, from April this year.  I am sure the
members of this forum join me in offering warm congratulations to him and
to the selection committee.  Prof. Acharya is the successor to a
distinguished series of previous holders of the Spalding chair, most
recently of course Alexis Sanderson, who have all made extraordinary
contributions to our field.

Dominik Wujastyk

--
Professor Dominik Wujastyk* <http://ualberta.Academia.edu/DominikWujastyk>
Singhmar Chair in Classical Indian Society and Polity