[INDOLOGY] Manusmṛti secondary literature

Antonia Ruppel rhododaktylos at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 17:38:42 UTC 2016

Dear all,

I am required to teach excerpts from the Manusmṛti for the first time. I
have the overall secondary material I need, but I always like to ask around
before teaching new topics: is there one article or book chapter on the
Manusmṛti that you particularly appreciate, and perhaps like to assign to
your students? It does not have to be something completely introductory or
general; I am looking for any piece that you think makes for especially
engaging reading.

Many thanks, and all the best,
     Antonia